Hmong Chicken Stew
From the Kitchen of Northside Farmers Market
Recipe from HMONG FLAVOR; Combined with Bill Wavrin, Miraval Life, Cal
3 chili peppers -roasted, destemmed, deseeded
2 whole chickens
2 T peanut oil
1 T. rice vinegar
2 lg onions, chopped
1 T. soy sauce
1 head garlic
1 T. sugar
2 yellow squash (diced)
2 T. veggie stock paste
2 cucumbers (diced)
1 T. salt
2 kohlrabi (diced)
2 quarts of water
This recipe can be made in ONE POT and is ready in 1 1/2 hours!
- In stew pot, stir-fry diced vegetables in peanut oil over high heat.
- Brown the chickens in the same oil used to fry vegetables.
- Add roasted chillis, rice vinegar, soy sauce, sugar, stock paste, and salt.
- Add water to cover.
- Bring to a low boil, boil for 30 minutes.
- When chicken is done, debone and shred, return to pot.
- Bring back to a boil, reduce heat to simmer until vegetables are done (20min).