Mexican Strawberry Water (Agua de Fresa)
Fruit waters, popular Mexican drinks, are made with crushed seasonal fruits. Try this strawberry recipe for a refreshing change of pace this summer!
Preparation time: Several hours.
4 cups strawberries
1 cup white sugar
8 cups cold water
- Wash strawberries, remove leaves and cores and set aside to drain.
- Slice strawberries and mix with sugar and 1 cup of water in a bowl.
- Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and place in the refrigerator for 4 hours.
- Remove from the refrigerator and pour into a blender. Blend til smooth.
- Strain mixture using a sieve; discard the pulp and seeds.
- Add the remaining water to the pureed strawberries and mix well.
- Chill for several hours or pour over ice and serve immediately.
- Garnish with lime slices or mint leaves.