As served at the July 8th Market! Recipe adapted from Allrecipes.com recipe by Jenna Richards.
3 medium beets, sliced into rounds
1/3 cup balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 tsp cilantro, chopped
1/4 tsp onion salt
cracked black pepper to taste
- Combine vinegar, garlic, cilantro, salt and peper in a medium bowl.
- Add beet rounds and marinate at least 20 minutes.
- Preheat outdoor grill and oil the grate.
- Place some beets and some marinade in large piece of heavy aluminum foil; seal packet tightly.
- Place packet on grill over medium heat and cook 20 min until beets are tender.
- Remove beets from packet and place directly on grill for 2-3 minutes each side.
- Serve hot with your favorite cold beverage!