From the Kitchen of : CC Angus LLC
Recipe from: Wisconsin Beef Council
Number of Servings: 8-10 people
Prep time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time: 30 Minutes
3 lbs. Angus ground beef, lean
1 tsp. garlic, diced
½ c onion, chopped
3 T extra virgin olive oil
28 oz. can diced tomatoes
2 med. apples, diced
½ c olives, sliced
1 T chili powder
½ c raisins (optional)
2 tsp. salt
4 oz. almonds, slivered (garnish)
- Saute onion and garlic 1-2 minutes in olive oil.
- ADD ground beef and brown.
- ADD tomatoes, apples, olives, chili powder, salt and raisins (optional).
- Bring to a BOIL, lower heat and SIMMER uncovered for 20 minutes.
- SERVE with tacos, over rice, or in tortillas.
- Garnish with Slivered Almonds.